Senior Business Intelligence DeveloperFort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation Headquarters Requisition ID 2019-107655
The role of the Senior BI Developer is to develop and support Microsoft SQL applications and database solutions within the AutoNation enterprise. This person works to define technical requirements and gain an understanding of the business to be effective at satisfying system requests. Key responsibilities of this position include: Creating and modifying stored procedures SSRS reports and SSIS packages. Additionally, they will work with business owners to define, design, and develop requirements given time and budget constraints.
- Develop SQL based application solutions and enhancements that meet user requirements.
- Create, modify and test SSIS packages, SQL queries and stored procedures for obtaining data from diverse source systems and platforms and keep them in synch with hourly changes
- Implement ETL and other data movement requirements Microsoft SSIS and SQL.
- Follow development standards for enterprise data warehouses and application databases.
- Document the logical and physical components of operational databases and their functionality during the course of their work.
- Understand table indexing and query strategies, database objects maintenance and performance issues.
- Analyze problems as assigned and provide solutions to address business needs.
- Assist in the roll-out of new SQL based applications, problem fixes, and enhancements of software.
- Understand how assigned programs link with those of other programs and the overall system schema.
- Create consistent and accurate technical and end-user documentation of implemented applications, databases and systems.
- Follow Microsoft SQL and database best practices to improve the operational reporting environment while focusing on resolving problems raised by team members, stakeholders and end users.
- Create new and modify existing SSRS reports for operational reporting.
- Seven to ten years of development experience in various BI tools and technologies including but not limited to Microsoft BI stack
- More than five years of development experience in Stored Procedures, SSIS and SSRS
- Experience in designing, developing, and supporting Data warehouses, data marts and Operational Data sources
- Experience in working with big datasets
- Previous business analysis experience.
- Result oriented and good problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Cube development and MDX development in Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Prior experience in big projects or big IT organizations
- Experience in Query optimizations or performance tuning of various MS BI objects
- Experience in .NET, C# development, MSMQ, SOAP and XML.
- Experience with Object Oriented designs, middle-ware architectures, distributed computing solutions.
- Microsoft Certifications