Product Owner Fort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation HeadquartersRequisition ID 2019-115299
At AutoNation, we want a CRM Product Owner to transform the strategic vision for our proprietary CRM, into an industry leading tool to help drive our business forward.
The CRM Product Owner will make data driven decisions on product direction by assessing opportunities, analyzing use cases, and gathering requirements from key stakeholders. They will maintain relationships across a group of stakeholders and will be the primary conduit between our sales and technology teams. The Product Owner will be responsible for the delivery of key features and functionality, as well as the adoption of these tools by the users in our stores. Ultimately, the CRM Product Owner will be accountable for the return on our investment as measured against a set of Key Performance Indicators.
Our ideal candidate will have used a CRM in an automotive retail capacity or will have worked as a Product Owner in the automotive space. He or she will have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and successfully delivering value on those projects on time, within budget and with the highest degree of quality.
This role interfaces with sales operations, marketing, information technology, application and services vendors, and numerous other internal and external parties. The Product Owner will interact daily with the Business Project Manager, Scrum Masters, Development team members, Quality Assurance team members, Architecture team members and the User Experience Team.
- Create and maintain a CRM that will help associates and managers be more efficient and achieve AutoNation’s strategic targets.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders (customers, designers, developers and testers) to gather requirements and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Document findings in a Business Requirements Documents for consumption by IT and consolidate this data into user stories and necessary product requirements.
- Work with the development team throughout the product development lifecycle to ensure features developed meet the desired business objectives and lead to ultimate product success.
- Understands the business deeply enough to prioritize workload appropriately and tactically.
- Review project functional specifications to identify missing, incomplete or incorrect requirements with respect to business requirements and work with appropriate partners to resolve.
- Clearly define product features and dependencies with the help of Business Analysts.
- Clarifies items that the development team, testing, or architectural team may have.
- Validate projects after deployment to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements.
- Continuously improve upon existing features and execute tests to improve the conversion rate and user engagement rate.
- Helps define how to test acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for coordinating training and user acceptance of new features and functionality.
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintained an acceptable, safe driving record.
- 3 years of relevant experience in project or product management.
- Automotive knowledge is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches (e.g. SCRUM) is preferred.
- Having technical skills with knowledge of general Internet, database, and user interface design, as well as familiarity with CRM systems.
- Familiarity with web-based product development, workflow modeling and understanding of typical technology architecture and transactional web sites.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- Understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) is critical in this role.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Goal oriented and focused on achieving results by taking on the spot decisions and take the needed trade-offs.
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters, problem solving skills is a must.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership.
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials
Next Possible Position:
- Requires travel less than 10%
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.