Product Owner, Digital Service ExperienceFort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation Headquarters Requisition ID 2019-120779
A Customer Care Digital Service Experience (DSE) Product Owner will help transform the strategic vision for our proprietary DSE, into an industry leading tool to help drive our business forward and deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers and teammates.
The DSE Product Owner will make data driven decisions on product direction by assessing opportunities, analyzing use cases, and gathering requirements from key stakeholders. They will maintain relationships across a group of stakeholders and will be the primary conduit between Customer Care and technology teams. The DSE Product Owner will be responsible for delivery of key features and functionality, as well as the adaption of these features.
Our ideal candidate will have dealership experience in service or parts department or will be an experienced Product Owner in the service or parts system development. They will have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and successfully delivering value on those projects on time, within budget, and with the highest degree of quality. They will be a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products.
This role interfaces with Customer Care operations, Sales operations, Marketing, Information Technology, application and services vendors, and numerous other internal and external parties. The Product Owner will interact with the Business Project Manager, Scrum Masters, and Development, Quality Assurance, Architecture, and User Experience Teams.
- Create and maintain Service Systems that will help team-members be more efficient and achieve AutoNation’s strategic goals.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders (customers, designers, developers and testers) to gather requirements and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Research and analyze industry trends to define product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities.
- Work with the development teams to ensure features developed meet the desired business objectives, and lead to ultimate product success.
- Understands the business deeply enough to prioritize backlog appropriately and tactically.
- Clearly define product features and dependencies with the help of Business Analysts.
- Clarifies user stories and acceptance criteria for the development, testing, or architectural teams.
- Validate features after deployment to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements.
- Continuously improve upon existing features and execute tests to improve adaption.
- Responsible for coordinating training and user acceptance of new features and functionality.
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment.
- Valid in-state driver’s license, and have and maintained an acceptable, safe driving record.
- 3+ years of dealership service or parts experience or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in project or product management is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches (e.g. SCRUM) is preferred.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Detail-oriented and fast-learner with ability to keep up with department and industry demands.
- Having technical skills with knowledge of general Internet, database, and user interface design, as well as familiarity with service or parts systems.
- Familiarity with web-based product development, workflow modeling and understanding of typical technology architecture and transactional web sites.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- Understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) is critical.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Goal oriented and focused on achieving results by making on the spot decisions and make the needed trade-offs.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership.
- Ability to write and develop training courses and materials.
Next Possible Position:
Product Manager, Digital Service Experience
- Requires travel less than 25%
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.