Parts Director - WarehouseLa Vergne, Tennessee AutoNation Parts Warehouse Nashville Requisition ID 2019-125170
The Director – AutoNation Parts Warehouse is responsible for developing wholesale business to ensure adequate sales volume to meet operating profit targets; as well as managing a profitable and efficient wholesale parts department, through the use of proper distribution procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying and advertising.
Who Would I Interact With?
Reports to the Area Wholesale Director/Lead (with a Dotted Line to the Corporate Director of ACP). Responsible for all activities regarding wholesale parts. Interacts with region and corporate management teams, and various levels of store associates.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Establish and communicate a clear vision of the wholesale parts operations
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department and facilitate their attainment
- Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the parts department
- Ensure parts and accessories inventories are maintained and available for resale; and generate gross profit through the sale of parts and accessories.
- Establish and maintain purchasing policies including purchase orders, inventory guide figures, order codes, etc
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect wholesale parts sales
- Ensure parts department associates are provided technical assistance as needed. Monitor parts department associates’ payroll records
- Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Establish and enforce a pricing policy that balances volume, customer loyalty, and the cost of doing business
- Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence
- Ensure that processes are in place to measure, maintain and improve customer service
- Use CSI and customer feedback to determine specific opportunities for improvement and ensure that needed action is taken
- Provide for and facilitate the recruiting, selection, on boarding and training of associates; planning/scheduling/assigning, monitoring and appraising job results and associate performance; and the coaching, counseling and disciplining of associates so as to develop and retain a qualified workforce
- Create a work environment that improves associate satisfaction and loyalty while reducing turnover
- Build management team that demonstrates a high degree of teamwork and makes decisions that are focused on customer needs and the good of the dealership
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ experience as a Parts Manager at a wholesale parts department
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience in an automotive parts department
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.