Manager, Training and Implementation Fort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation HeadquartersRequisition ID 2019-112095
Description of Position:
As a Training and Implementation Manager, you will be on the cutting edge of large-scale operational change programs. The Training and Implementation team is responsible for national rollouts of new, strategic operational launches and, as a member of the team, you must be a skilled facilitator and change agent.
This is a true “Road Warrior” position that will have you on the road at least 75% of the time. This is considered a Corporate role, but you will work remotely from a home office, when not traveling.
- You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Training & Implementation
- You will work closely with:
- Regional Training Managers (RTM)
- Retail Operations Development Managers (RODM)
- Regional Human Resource Vice Presidents
- Market and Store Leadership
- Corporate Learning Design and Development team
Your Primary Job Responsibilities will be to:
- Organize, manage and facilitate large-scale training events across the nation.
- Implement new operational programs in stores.
- Conduct follow-up on programs you facilitated and implemented to ensure performance improvement of associates and managers is sustained.
- Learn and demonstrate the skills and behaviors required for the programs that you will train and implement.
- In concert with your team’s Manager, work with the RODMs and RTMs to coordinate all elements of training rollout
- Work with Market and Store leadership to ensure sustained performance improvement of associates and managers in stores.
- Participate in Train-the-Trainer programs to become competent in training new curriculum.
- Provide feedback to the Corporate Learning Design and Development team on the content and training materials as part of the learning department’s continuous improvement cycle.
- Learn and utilize Office 365 collaboration tools to effectively participate remotely in regular team meetings and frequent workshops.
- Participate in the team’s feedback program to provide effective feedback to store leadership, associates and managers when in the field.
- Participate in the team’s feedback program to provide and receive effective feedback to and from your teammates.
- Manage travel expenses and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Continue development of self as a professional corporate trainer through attending online training opportunities, reading industry literature, and attending approved trainer development workshops.
Your Additional Job responsibilities include:
- Providing periodic back-up to RTMs when workload dictates or in support of new RTM onboarding.
- Designing and developing training materials for workshops and rollouts.
You will possess the following Minimum Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in a training and development capacity, or operational leadership role that included training as part of the job.
- An understanding of automotive retail operations, both variable and fixed operations.
- Familiarity with AutoNation operational technologies.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance credentials
- Learning design and development certifications
- Bilingual Spanish and English preferred but not required
Requires extensive travel (75% +), which includes cross-country air travel, long haul driving stints, and long-term hotel stays.
You must be able to lift 50 lbs. when traveling with training materials, technologies, and luggage.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career path opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs and the qualifications of internal and external candidates.