General Sales ManagerFort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation, Inc Requisition ID 2019-128423
The General Sales Manager (GSM) has the opportunity to lead a sales team to create an exceptional experience for customers. This role is responsible for selecting, training, coaching, developing and retaining the very best Sales Managers, Sales Associates and Financial Services professionals for the store and driving a high-level of performance among the sales team to increase market share, achieve targeted unit sales and profit margins while delighting every Customer along the way.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Sales Associates, Store Managers, Financial Services Manager and support staff, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Leading yourself and the team in a way that supports AutoNation’s Vision and Mission
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the sales team to achieve targeted performance in new and used vehicle sales, financial services product sales and overall sales profit
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations
- Managing the negotiation and financing processes with Sales Associates ensuring that customers understand their vehicle purchase options and pricing
- Leading the Used Vehicle Department including inventory management, merchandising, pricing and the reconditioning process.
- Appraising vehicles for trade
- Managing all three areas of customer traffic: Showroom, E-Commerce, and Phones
- Partnering with General Manager to plan and manage new and used vehicle inventory
- Assisting in managing controllable expense elements for the New and Used Vehicle Departments
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a General Sales Manager is measured by achieving:
- Targeted unit sales and gross profit
- Targeted Associate retention
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Automotive retail management experience
- Proven leadership ability to recruit, select, train, coach and develop a team
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Ability to drive an exceptional Customer experience
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our General Sales Managers have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- General Manager
- Corporate or Region Operations role
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.