Finance Marketing Operations ManagerFort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation Headquarters Requisition ID 2019-120191
The Manager, Marketing Spend Operations will be responsible for overseeing and managing the departmental accounting, marketing channel spend reconciliations and allocations, and the intercompany allocation process. This individual should have strong accounting, reporting and analytical background. Should be able to adhere to all reporting deadlines, including but not limited to month-end close, intercompany, and accounts payable deadlines. This individual will report to the Marketing Operations Director and will work with Corporate Marketing Channel owners, Corporate Accounting, and various Shared Service Center teams.
- Oversees the financial accounting and reporting objectives of the month-end close process for all Departments falling under the Corporate Marketing umbrella.
- Leads the vendor invoice reconciliation process for Corporate Marketing. This will include reviewing spend and allocation variances, updating Marketing Spend Database with actual spend data, and preparing monthly accruals in compliance with US GAAP.
- Directs the budgeting, forecast, and accounting processes for the Corporate Affairs and Communications departments.
- Provides strategic guidance and serves as a mentor to each of the Marketing Operations Analysts.
- Oversees the execution and maintenance of the marketing amortization schedule including the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and the documentation requirements of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Leads store advertising audit to reduce marketing spend and increase spend compliance.
- Identify, develop and performs ad-hoc dynamic financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop and produce monthly financial reports for Marketing Leadership and Channel Owners. Provide key variance explanations and performs the key analysis on monthly reports; provides recommendations based on this analysis.
- Review and ensure all Corporate Marketing processes are in compliance with Company policies.
- Conduct spend reviews and evaluations for spend risk and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Review, facilitate, and communicates the intercompany marketing allocations to Region Leadership.
- 4-year degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent, Master degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting preferred.
- 7-9 years related work experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills. Experience with Hyperion preferred.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with all levels of management, including executive and senior leadership, as well as staff and maintain solid relationships.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Persistence (in a pleasant manner).
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask.
- Experience working with manufacturers and suppliers preferred.
- Large Retail Company experience required.