Director, Catalog & Content ManagementFort Lauderdale, Florida ACP AutoParts, LLC Requisition ID 2019-126171
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Director of Catalog and Content Management reports to the Sr. Director of ACP and is the key leader of the Catalog Management team which creates and maintains product information of aftermarket collision parts, accessories, and mechanical repair parts. This is a single incumbent position that will interact with our product managers, marketing department, vendors/suppliers, field leadership, and other internal business units to help execute content and merchandising strategies to all internal and external sales channels in an efficient, cost effective manner. Ongoing they will ensure the accuracy of the Electronic Product Catalog by implementing analytical tools/reports for accuracy and completeness of the product offering. Additionally, this role will aid and support our Product management, Customer service, E-Commerce, and Sourcing team when required.
- Resides within the ACP Auto Parts business unit and acts under the authority of the Sr. Director of ACP.
- Will interface with Product Management, Information Technology, and Marketing. Interacts with Parts Managers, other coordinators and DC management, and supplier representatives.
- Build and maintain a database of all product attributes within the Product Information Management System (PIMS); including, but not limited to, product descriptions, images, classification, and individual product attributes and fitment
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and other key industry stakeholders for the collection of product content information to produce high quality product data within required specifications
- Direct the maintenance of product classifications, hierarchies, and taxonomies across all product lines utilizing internal processes and accepted industry practices
- Implement and improve the knowledge of accepted industry data standards to enrich and optimize product content information and specifications within PIMS
- Create and Implement a digital management strategy of product images and other digital assets within PIMS utilizing industry best practices
- Facilitate the syndication of data from PIMS to distributors, internal systems, and external resources while ensuring data integrity and security
- Serve as internal subject management expert, and liaison to the system provider, for the development and maintenance of the corporate Product Information Management System (PIMS)
- Work with Marketing, Product Management, and Business Development teams to create and implement product content management strategies
- Participate in pertinent industry events related to subject matter to actively develop peers and employees to best practices.
- Recommend and implement product content management strategies and process improvements based on day-to-day interaction and market intelligence
- Develop constructive working relationships with solutions providers and industry resources
- Work constructively with others within the organization to develop and execute departmental and organization plans/strategies
- Interacts with the online community via forums and online groups soliciting ideas for kit and product creation
- Ensure the successful additions of products and brands respective to the catalog
- College graduate with a minimum 10 years’ experience as a catalog content manager role
- Expertise in MS Excel, Power Point, Access/SQL
- Expert in Database Architecture
- Strong product knowledge and understanding of Automotive Parts
- Strong familiarity with product management philosophy
- Expert level familiarity with Marketing and online sales channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong database analysis.
- Ability to think critically and take appropriate actions as needed.
- Masters degree in Business or Marketing/Sales and minimum 5 years’ experience in Product marketing and Automotive content management
- Automotive Content Professional designation (ACP)
- Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional (MAAP)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, index, graphs, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in relational DB’s (Access and/or SQL)
- Thorough knowledge of automotive parts cataloging or parts counter experience
- Previous experience in eCatalog content processing
- Previous experience in digital image strategy
- Understanding of the Auto Care Association standards for content delivery (ACES/PIES)
KEY EVALUATION CRITERIA:
- AutoNation Product financial performance
- YOY Growth
- Product KPI’s
- Compliance to AutoNation policies, procedures and initiatives
- Industry related Acknowledgements