Contractor - Business Analyst OpenText Project Fort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation HeadquartersRequisition ID 2019-114641
The Business Analyst is a member of the Business Analysis Team. This position is responsible for building strong business understanding and relationships, to enable the delivery of technology solutions that deliver the intended business value
Organizational Relationships:Reports within the Technology Organization.
- Learn and quickly understand systems and applications.
- Acquire a working knowledge of current operations and the likely impact/ implications of system changes.
- Serve as the bridge between the business and technical teams.
- Be able to explain and quantify the business benefits of projects (Quantitative business value or internal operational improvement).
- Gather requirements by facilitating requirements gathering techniques using interviews, JAD, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate with business owners and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Prioritized backlogs of User Stories, Process maps, Process Development Recommendations, Use Cases, screen and User Interface designs.
- Build relationships with customers at ground level.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate with project’s development team and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Adhere to established processes, methodologies, and frameworks.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into user stories and operational requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Office, Visio and Team Foundation Services (TFS)
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and running with them with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT.
- Focus on client satisfaction and customer service.
- Results-oriented team player, who communicates and works with different levels of the organization.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities and business direction.
- Must be able to give presentations.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.