Appraisal SpecialistFort Lauderdale, Florida AutoNation Central Appraisal and Acquisition Division Requisition ID 2019-120074
The Appraisal Specialist works to maximize trade and used vehicle acquisition opportunities. Accurately collect and interpret vehicle information, deliver the appraisal value to AutoNation customers and customers seeking to sell their used vehicles. Maximize retail and wholesale profit while managing targeted trade and acquisition win ratios.
The Appraisal Specialist works with the National Director to support the implementation of AutoNation standard operating processes for the acquisition and liquidation of used vehicles, inventory management, and appraisals. Support ongoing training that will enable stores to accurately collect vehicle information and deliver the appraisal value to their customer.
Directly reports to National Director for daily/weekly/monthly tactical implementation of processes
Partners with store-level personnel to coordinate agent visits and store-level access
Interacts with AutoNation Used Vehicle Directors and store-level management to share best practices and operational ideas
- Respond to appraisals, without prejudice, originated in store and on-line.
- Analyze market trends to assure maximum efficiency in wholesale operations.
- Make recommendations concerning the purchase value, and suggested retail value for various vehicles in a real-time environment.
- Utilize inventory tools and AutoNation processes to select and manage vehicle unit flow to both internal websites and website partners (such as VLS, AutoNation.com etc.)
- Work closely with store-level and market-level personnel to adequately schedule for market needs
- Participate in Meetings and Training
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment
- 5 years automotive retail experience with 2 years as Used Vehicle focus
- Proven organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid state driver’s license
Next Possible Position:
Appraisal Team Captain
- Requires travel within Regions
- Prolonged periods of computer work.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.