Master Service Technician
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Service Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
Here are just some of our benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
Job DetailsJob ID 2018-106590 Date posted 12/19/2018 Job Location Dallas, Texas Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Master Technician performs vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards and builds Customer loyalty by developing trust and ensuring confidence in AutoNation as a care-giver for their vehicle safety and reliability.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, other Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technician’s tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as “special tools.”
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Master Technician is measured by achieving:
- Targeted production
- Targeted sales
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience as an automotive technician
- Automotive technical training (varies based on store needs)
- Attention to detail
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Service Technician role. Opportunities may include:
- Master-Certified Technician
- Service Advisor
- Service Management
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.” - Service Technician
Inside the shop with Universal Technical Institute and AutoNation
See why UTI graduates love working as service technicians for AutoNation
AutoNation’s Natalee Doenig explains why she looks to UTI to fill the ongoing demand for service technicians