Parts Manager - Honda Costa Mesa Costa Mesa, CaliforniaApply Now Requisition ID 2018-84404
The Retail Parts Manager is responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department. The Retail Parts Manager will accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, pricing, merchandising and advertising.
What are my day-to-day responsibilities:
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them
- Ensure parts and accessories are available for resale
- Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments
- Work with the Service Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for Warranty and Customer Pay jobs
- Establish and maintain purchasing policies including purchase orders, inventory guide figures, order codes
- Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the parts department
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales
- Establish and maintain programs designed to train, develop and motivate department employees
- Direct and schedule the activities of all parts department employees
- Provide technical assistance to parts department employees
- Monitor parts department employees' payroll records
- Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Establish and enforce a pricing policy that balances volume, customer loyalty, and the cost of doing business
- Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence
What are the requirments for this job?
- A high school diploma or the equivalent College degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years experience as a Parts Manager at an Automobile Dealership or wholesale parts department
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Two year of supervisory experience
- Five years of experience in an automotive parts department
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.