Contractor- Sr. QA Automation AnalystWhite Plains, New York Auto TechLabs, Inc. Requisition ID 2019-118394
The role of the Sr. QA Analyst is to ensure the Quality of the web, mobile applications within the AutoNation enterprise. This person is responsible to maintain the Quality standards as per the requirements defined by the business. Key responsibilities of this position include: Planning, designing and writing test scripts. The resource should have knowledge on testing in mobile platforms, debugging skills, defect and log analysis, test case management and defect reporting.
Describe the persons and/or departments with whom the incumbent will interact. Include both internal and external contacts.
Directly reports to Ram Nugula. Interacts with Development Team and Business Stakeholders
- Hands on experience in testing mobile application on Android and iOS platforms
- The testing includes UI/UX validation, functional testing of mobile applications.
- The engineer should have knowledge on testing in mobile platforms, debugging skills, defect and log analysis, test case management and defect reporting.
- Experience with test plan and test execution for mobile applications
- Experience in testing UI flows and user experiences for mobile applications
- Proven ability to successfully work in a fast-paced Agile environment; experience in Agile methodology and DevOps model
- Ability to troubleshoot issues that arise during testing
- Strong testing and debugging abilities
- Proactive communicator - able to work daily with leadership to make sure the status stays up to date
- API Testing with Postman or equivalent tools.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, and collaborative
- Debugging and problem-solving skills in mobile platforms
- Self-motivated and ability to work well under pressure
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams.
- Maintain compliance with policies, procedures and methodologies for product quality and solution validation.
- Effectively write and execute test plans, test scripts, defects, scrub reports and test reports on assigned projects and tasks.
- Perform manual testing and solution validation as required by the assigned project or task.
- Ability to run tests with XML inputs and read XML outputs.
- Effectively apply critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to efficiently identify the cause and effect of software and/or hardware related issues.
- Work closely with development, system engineers, tier teams, off shore QA team(s), off shore development team(s) and customers where applicable.
- 3+ years of experience in Mobile Application testing.
- Knowledge of developer tool Charles Proxy used for troubleshooting.
- Develop, maintain test automation framework using tools like Selenium, Appium and Cucumber/Gherkin in Java platform to test Mobile and Web Applications, and Java Services.
- Develop, maintain, and execute test plans, and design/implement automate test scripts
- Extensively used Xcode or similar tool for capturing logs and app installation
- Knowledge of XPath, CSS, DOM
- Should have hands on with mobile automation tools like Perfecto Mobile, Appium
- Good knowledge of DB and writing queries to SQL
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 5 + years in Software development and Quality Assurance
- Strong knowledge of developer tool Charles Proxy
- 2 + years’ experience with iOS and Android Mobile Automation.