Executive Leadership TraineeCerritos, California AutoNation Western Region Office Requisition ID 2019-116897
The Executive Leadership Trainee (ELT) position is designed to provide external General Managers the opportunity to learn AutoNation processes and provide a "hands on" experience while determining the right store opportunity. As an ELT, successful candidates will be exposed to every area of the business as well as working with different brands to become process experts.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE GENERAL MANAGER EXPERIENCE IN THE RETAIL AUTOMOTIVE BUSINESS.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with customers, store associates, region and market leadership, manufacturer representatives and vendors, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Achieve targeted performance in all areas of the business
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes
- Attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent for the store
- Creating an exceptional customer experience to drive customer loyalty
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance. Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Executive Leadership Trainee is measured by:
- Obtaining a detailed understanding of all AutoNation processes
- Daily execution of process in assigned stores
- Obtaining certification in University courses
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Automotive retail General Manager experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to drive revenue and profitability
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our General Managers have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- General Manager
- Other Corporate or Region support role
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
AutoNation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace.