Service Warranty Administrator Buena Park, California BMW of Buena ParkRequisition ID 2019-111734
The Service Warranty Administrator is responsible for reviewing and completing warranty claims. This includes preparing, recording, reconciling warranty claims and submitting them to the appropriate party.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Process all claims by next business day following RO close date
- Handel and resolve all claim corrections and charge-backs
- Establish and maintain relationships with the manufacturer's designated warranty representatives
- Review every warranty repair order written for proper completion, accuracy and legibility according to the policies and procedures
- Analyze problems, identify trends and develop strategies for maximizing claim process
- Flag the technicians for the hours earned on the service they performed
- Check each repair order against the vehicles service history to avoid duplicate claims
- Provide a weekly report to the service manager regarding claim status
- Report any fraudulent manipulation of warranty claims
- Provide parts manager with updated parts listing on a weekly basis
- Conduct weekly audits of warranty and schedules, reviewing all old claims, and address any adjustments or write-offs
- Assist service consultants in closing all open warranty RO's
- Assist service consultants and technicians with any warranty questions
- Assist with special projects, audits and reports as requested
- Review and manage all aging schedules and reports
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Attend warranty training courses as needed
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to confront and resolve difficult customer service situations
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General knowledge of automotive parts and vehicle mechanical operations
- Two years of experience in a automotive dealership
- Must have technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification or successful completion of pre-employment test
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.