Service Shop Foreman Buena Park, California BMW of Buena ParkRequisition ID 2019-117570
The service shop foreman is responsible for ensuring the proper repair and servicing of all the vehicles taken in by the service department. The service shop foreman plans, organizes, leads and controls the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the customer.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Managers, Service Advisors, Service Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Provide timely, on-the-job assistance to technicians experiencing difficulty diagnosing and/or repairing vehicles
- Review the diagnostic results of any technician performing new and/or unfamiliar diagnostic procedures before major repairs have begun
- Provide diagnostic and test drive assistance on the service lane as needed by the service sales staff
- Meet regularly with Team Leaders, Service Manager/Director to report on shop production and review pending administrative matters
- Accomplish the production standards that have been established by the General Manager and the Service Director/Manager
- Maintain contact with service customers on a timely basis and in a professional manner when needed
- Report to customer any change in time promised and notify the customer of any additional repairs that may be required
- Ensure that technicians follow warranty material disposition procedures
- Prepare estimates when required, review any estimates with the Service Director/Manager before quoting
- Administer safety and housekeeping policies and procedures
- Review hard copies turned in by technicians to ensure that assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly
- Spot-check repairs to assure quality and timely completion
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc
- Schedule ambiance of service vehicles and equipment
- Follow Company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt, dust and harsh chemicals
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- At least one year of experience in automotive repair facility
- ASE certification is (preferred)
- General mechanical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbal
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.