BMW Genius - Product Specialist Buena Park, California BMW of Buena ParkRequisition ID 2019-115515
We are seeking a BMW Genius with an affinity for technology and passion for delivering exceptional customer service. The BMW Genius is responsible for delivering comprehensive product information throughout the sales and aftersales processes. Our dealership seeks individuals with creativity to provide “world class” customer-oriented support. We will provide everything else - including the most professional sales and customer-oriented training that is available.
The right individual will be a self-starter, with a track record of success in delivering customer satisfaction while maintaining attention to detail. Quality and passion are what sets us apart from our competition. Our employees are our strongest asset and have contributed to the continued success of our organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive product information throughout the sales process, including vehicle configuration, product presentation, test drive, delivery/handover and customer service after purchase
- Supports the client advisor in product related tasks and activities
- Greets customers in the sales and service departments and introduces BMW Genius services
- Provides extensive and customer oriented product experience and explains complex features based on customers’ actual needs
- Utilizes app and web based systems to help facilitate the sales process, optimize customer satisfaction, and ensure consistent delivery execution
- Provides transparent product information to Genius community, sales representatives and Contact Information Centers (CIC)
- Fully explains the application and benefits of vehicle features in both the sales and service environments
- Maintains constant communication with the designated sales personnel at the dealership on scheduled appointments, vehicle deliveries and any scheduling changes
- Arrives at scheduled appointments in a timely manner and maintains communication with clients regarding any changes to scheduled time
- Acquires and maintains total product knowledge on all vehicles and understands competitors’ vehicle features, benefits, and potential shortcomings
- Keeps clients, sales, and service staff abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits
- Achieves management assigned client satisfaction objectives and follows up with new owners to ensure satisfaction with their delivery process
- Maintains high ethical standards and a professional appearance at all times
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates passion about the BMW brand and our products
- Is confident in using new digital tools (tablets, social media, etc.) with emphasis on utilization of BMW NA produced applications
Responsible for other duties as assigned and/or required by business need.
Skills required to perform principal/additional duties and responsibilities:
Achieving High Standards focuses on ensuring customer satisfaction, accomplishing results, getting details right, and displaying professionalism and integrity. This involves anticipating customer needs and seeking solutions to satisfy customers, achieving or exceeding sales and service goals, showing concern for all aspects of the job no matter how big or small, following ethical standards set by the company, and acting in a professional manner.
Working Effectively with Others focuses on teamwork, listening, speaking, and writing effectively, and using these communication skills to influence customers to ask probing questions about potential problems and needs. This includes being aware of the impact of one’s own behavior on others and subsequently using appropriate communication styles.
Handling Pressure focuses on adapting to change, maintaining composure, resolving conflicts and multi-tasking. This includes changing work priorities or procedures in response to changing conditions and multiple work demands, maintaining performance under stress or opposition, remaining sensitive to time deadlines, keeping a positive and professional demeanor, analyzing all viewpoints objectively, and shifting between two or more activities while maintaining high levels of quality.
Managing Complexity focuses on planning and prioritizing, analyzing problems, and making decisions. This includes accomplishing goals and meeting deadlines that support delivery of vehicles, customer handling, and business growth; recognizing problems; and determining relationships between “cause” and “effect.”
Applying the Basics focuses on referencing written information, applying basic language and math skills, using computer and technical systems, tablet applications, completing forms, and learning new procedures. This includes using computer and tablet application systems to access and input information, learning new information, and completing repair orders or other forms according to the specifications of the dealership.
Understanding and Using Business Knowledge focuses on applying general sales knowledge and using knowledge of dealership operations. This includes understanding general non-technical areas associated with automotive selling/leasing/financing, willingness to increase knowledge in order to ensure customer satisfaction and owner loyalty, and using skills to carry out company policies and build customer loyalty.
Education, training and/or state/national certifications should clearly demonstrate the possession of the knowledge and skills stated above.
- College preferred
- Valid Driver’s license preferred
- 1 year in an upscale, retail or customer-centric environment preferred
- Hospitality, technical customer support and/or consumer electronic experience is a plus
- Moving about the dealership
- Using computer and tablets to look up information
- Utilizing physical and manual dexterity
- Driving a vehicle
- Using equipment consistent with industry standards
- BMW showroom
- BMW parking lot
- Off-site inventory lots
- Able to withstand outdoor weather
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.