Collision Customer Service Representative
Job DetailsJob ID 2019-128976 Date posted 11/13/2019 Job Location Austin, Texas Company Name AutoNation Collision Center Austin Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Customer Service Representative handles collision service needs in AutoNation Dealerships without a collision repair facility. The Customer Service Representative writes courtesy estimates, coordinates repair needs for dealership associates, and updates appropriate customers, staff with repair status of vehicles.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Writes professional estimate on light damaged vehicles
- Actively asks for the sale on all estimates
- Understands basic parameters of insurance programs e.g., DRP and non-DRP
- Obtain all signatures, work authorizations and powers of attorney
- Communicates with each customer on the process of the vehicle repair in a timely and effective manner, as outlined in AutoNation's Customer Repair 10 Step Process
- Review all final bills, supplements and vehicles prior to customer contact for delivery
- Review the completed vehicle to check quality and thoroughness
- Maintains work area in an orderly and clean manner
- Takes care to protect customer's vehicles during repair process
- Works with other associates on daily planning and release meetings
- Tracks production schedule for his or her vehicle's and communicates those targets with customers and other associates
- Uses the highest standard in professionalism when dealing with customers, insurance representatives, vendors and associates
- Maintains continual industry education to keep abreast of changes in repair requirements and product knowledge
- Responsible for collection of Accounts Receivable on all insurance, wholesale account closed and commission paid
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to comprehend and read instructions
- Basic knowledge of vehicle repairs practices
- Valid in-state driver's license
- Ability to interpret work scope from vehicle estimates or work orders
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Collision Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.”- Service Technician