Parts Manager - WarehouseAtlanta, Georgia AutoNation, Inc Requisition ID 2019-126571
This manager has overall responsibility for managing an efficient parts distribution operation through the use of appropriate distribution procedures, inventory control, Team Member utilization, security, and best practices.
Who Would I Interact With?
Reports to the Area Wholesale Director / Lead. Interacts with region and corporate management teams, and various levels of store Team Members.
What are my day-to-day responsibilities:
- Communicate and execute the vision of the ACP wholesale parts operations.
- Forecast goals and objectives for the operation and facilitate their attainment.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget for the facility. Responsibility for attainment of the operating budget.
- Ensure parts and accessories inventories are maintained and available for resale. Control and manage inventory as related to stocking, picking and returns
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect wholesale parts distribution.
- Ensure warehouse Team Members are provided technical assistance and training as needed. Monitor Team Members payroll records and time cards to ensure accuracy.
- Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with internal and external customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and adjust inventory related to defects, damage, warranty and manufacturer recall issues.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization.
- Ensure that processes are in place to measure, maintain and improve customer service and Team Member performance.
- Provide for and facilitate the recruiting, selection, on boarding and training of Team Members; planning/scheduling/assigning, monitoring and appraising job results and Team Member performance; and the coaching, counseling and of Team Members so as to develop and retain a qualified workforce
- Create a work environment that improves Team Member satisfaction and loyalty while reducing turnover
- Plan and manage the operational needs by utilizing metrics and KPI’s.
What are the requirments for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years’ experience as a manager
- Minimum 5 years of total supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience in an automotive parts department (preferred)
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Proficient in distribution systems – WMS, TMS and intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel (formulas, vlookup, graphs, tables)
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.