Certified Service Technician
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Service Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
Here are just some of our benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
Job DetailsJob ID 2018-105520 Date posted 12/04/2018 Job Location Houston, Texas Job Type Regular Full-Time
GRAND OPENING! NOW HIRING!!
Up to a $5000 sign on BONUS
As an AutoNation technician you are working at the highest standards to repair vehicles with efficiency and accuracy. It begins with the proper diagnosis of malfunction and then on to the repair. Our skilled techs work on vehicles bumper to bumper. ASE Certifications a Plus.
AutoNation technicians are eligible for a wealth of benefits including:
• Annual longevity bonus,
• Guaranteed 40 hours per week for 90 days,
• Paid multi-point inspections,
• 4 or 5 day work week - flexible schedule,
• Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability,
• 401K with company matching,
• Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual begins on date of hire
• Employee Discounts
All applicants must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license. Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Please send a resume to our HR Recruiter, Fawn Stobaugh for review at email@example.com. Must have automotive experience.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technician’s tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as “special tools.”
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
Not ready to apply? Have a question? Please contact Fawn Stobaugh at: firstname.lastname@example.org - we look forward to receiving your online application or answering your email!.
Join us at our hiring event from 7am - 1pm on Wednesday, December 19th
AutoNation Ford Katy
20777 Katy Freeway
Katy, TX 77450
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.” - Service Technician
Inside the shop with Universal Technical Institute and AutoNation
See why UTI graduates love working as service technicians for AutoNation
AutoNation’s Natalee Doenig explains why she looks to UTI to fill the ongoing demand for service technicians