We’re AutoNation – America’s largest automotive retailer from coast to coast, with over 220 stores representing 34 different vehicle brands. Our vision is to be America’s best place to buy and service cars and trucks. We do this by attracting great people to join our team who will delight our Customers and drive Customer loyalty.
We offer great career opportunities from coast to coast, along with excellent pay programs, benefits, training and a culture where we strive to help our Associates be highly successful.
If you have the drive, we have the vehicle.
The Used Vehicle Service Technician inspects and services vehicles when they are delivered to the dealer and makes minor repairs or adjustments to place the vehicles in saleable condition.
Who would I interact with?
This position interacts daily with Service Associates, Sales Associates, Service Managers, Sales Managers, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Sign an acceptance for each vehicle delivered
- Inspect vehicles for compliance with safety regulations and noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation
- Inspect surfaces to detect minor chips and scratches in paint
- Start engine and drive the vehicle to test steering, brakes, transmission and engine operation
- Activate power equipment such as electric windows, seats, radio, horn, lights and directional signals to ensure specific operating standards
- Replace defective items according to specifications using hand tools
- Install optional equipment specified by the customer or Dealer such as outside mirrors, rugs or seat covers using hand tools
- Install or repair major mechanical, hydraulic, or electromechanical equipment such as radios, air conditioners, power steering units, and power brakes using hand tools
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments
- Tune engines using appropriate test equipment and tools as needed
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months of previous work experience
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General mechanical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Manual dexterity, good judgment and ability to operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.