We’re AutoNation – America’s largest automotive retailer from coast to coast, with over 220 stores representing 34 different vehicle brands. Our vision is to be America’s best place to buy and service cars and trucks. We do this by attracting great people to join our team who will delight our Customers and drive Customer loyalty.
We offer great career opportunities from coast to coast, along with excellent pay programs, benefits, training and a culture where we strive to help our Associates be highly successful.
If you have the drive, we have the vehicle.
The Customer Service Representative handles collision service needs in AutoNation Dealerships without a collision repair facility. The Customer Service Representative writes courtesy estimates, coordinates repair needs for dealership associates, and updates appropriate customers, staff with repair status of vehicles.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Writes professional estimate on light damaged vehicles
- Actively asks for the sale on all estimates
- Understands basic parameters of insurance programs e.g., DRP and non-DRP
- Obtain all signatures, work authorizations and powers of attorney
- Communicates with each customer on the process of the vehicle repair in a timely and effective manner, as outlined in AutoNation's Customer Repair 10 Step Process
- Review all final bills, supplements and vehicles prior to customer contact for delivery
- Review the completed vehicle to check quality and thoroughness
- Maintains work area in an orderly and clean manner
- Takes care to protect customer's vehicles during repair process
- Works with other associates on daily planning and release meetings
- Tracks production schedule for his or her vehicle's and communicates those targets with customers and other associates
- Uses the highest standard in professionalism when dealing with customers, insurance representatives, vendors and associates
- Maintains continual industry education to keep abreast of changes in repair requirements and product knowledge
- Responsible for collection of Accounts Receivable on all insurance, wholesale account closed and commission paid
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to comprehend and read instructions
- Basic knowledge of vehicle repairs practices
- Valid in-state driver's license
- Ability to interpret work scope from vehicle estimates or work orders
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.